Thursday 30 November 2017

Yesterday was hell, still searching for heaven


Yesterday I searched for something
some hope I guess, but could not find it,
what  else was  bloody needed
so I begged ,prayed and pleaded,
mind in array, how could I actually tell
no answers came all seemed like hell,
as politicians pillaged and clouds turned dark
left their truly horrible inedible mark,
I searched for solutions ever so far away
but lacked religion a God that could rearrange,
found some power on the streets instead
friends like me still hungry for change,
fighting, struggling for an end to this mess
releasing  thoughts of another world instead,
as this planet whirled on the path of destruction
searching for that elusive place called heaven,
a place where we could all find salvation
a kinder place that can't be broken or stolen.


This can now also be found now here :- https://iamnotasilentpoet.wordpress.com/2017/12/01/yesterday-was-hell-still-searching-for-heaven-by-dave-rendle/

No comments:

Post a Comment