Friday 28 July 2017

They say laughter is the best medicine

Depression has become a common affliction in today's stressful society. It can result from many factors, including social pressures, the daily toxic political abusers,  psychological stressors, and our own biological makeup, and unwelcome events in our lives can lead to an exacerbation of symptoms. Stress is a big part of life, it is something that cannot be avoided, so we have to find ways to deal with it .
One of the most important things in life, that I have always have helped me personally is the beneficial effects of  laughter and humour. I've tried drugs and alcohol to try and pick me up, sometimes they have, but sometimes they haven't..
Ive  long come to the conclusion though that laughter is the best  medicine for the soul. More than just brightening up your day, sharing a good laugh can actually improve your health. The sound of laughter draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body.Laughter can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, strengthen your immune system, and diminish pain.
But we should also remember that not everyone is in the mood for humour so we should try to be aware of the sensitivity of others. And when Theresa May and her  Tory' chums  laugh at us all the time, in their mocking and sneering way almost on a daily basis , it often leaves me with a rather unpleasant feeling. I am reminded too that theirs is a sick form of laughter, used only for derision. It's not as if they have suddenly developed a sense of humour, no, not at all. And if their laughing for no reason, perhaps they should take some medicine for it.
However  baring  that in mind  genuine  laughter that actually tickles the funny bones,seems to help blow away the cobwebs of my mind and help reduce negative emotions. Yes we are living in seriously unfunny times  but because humor is associated with lightness and feeling good, it can help stave off political fatigue and bring people together it’s easier to connect over laughter than hopelessness.
So because of that I try to laugh back at the Tory's on a daily basis,  it certainly helps. After all they are the biggest joke in the land at the moment., its easy to  laugh at them, it's fun too, but off course there are other ways. Oh and why do we never hear much of thieves stealing from the Tory's, I'll tell you why professional courtesy. I don't really approve off political jokes it sees to many Tory's getting re elected..
Right I'll end with this little confession I once gave up my seat to a blind person that's  how I lost my job as a bus driver. Always laugh if you can, within reason. laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment