Friday 27 November 2015

Black Friday ( a poem)


Black Friday, people in such a rush
like the world is suddenly going to end,
the heat is on to buy more and more
crowds pushing, shoving for deals galore
cash  registers flashing, money overflowing
as people grab things they don't really need.

Black Friday, black bloody night
with the tories daily stalking our lives,
creating consumer madness
people driven to despair,
fighting for a bargain
instead of for their lives.

Black Sunday, Black Monday, Black Tuesday
on and on as they push us to breaking point;
turn our days dark in the middle of the day
I see red, but carry on walking,
I have no time for over consumption
bottle open  still  have to be careful.

I really do not understand this joyless frenzy
given over to the temple of greed and hopelessness
fighting for brands that I've never heard of
I prefer to spend my days following love,
will  ignore this nightmarish capitalist rush
wake up when all over, with some spare change

No comments:

Post a Comment