Friday 1 May 2015

May Day Greetings ; Sarah Teasdale (8/8/1884 - 19/1/33) May Day


A delicate fabric of bird song,
Floats in  the air,
The smell of wet wild earth
Is everywhere.

Red small leaves of the maple
Are clenched like a hand,
Like girls at their first communion
The pear tree stand.

Oh I must pass nothing by
Without loving it much,
The raindrop try with my lips,
The grass with my touch;

For how can I be sure
I shall see again
The world on the first of May
shining after the rain?




(  as the light returns,and the days lengthen and summer begins its journey upon the earth, it's renewal time,   reach out, and find what you seek, thoughts go out to all who need strength in the coming weeks or months. Life doesn't get any easier for some )

Happy International Workers day, comrades and friends.

2 comments: